Week 3: Family Fun

Although I always have a blast while being with my fun-loving family, one particular event was my favorite. During Spring Break last year, my mom and my two sisters wanted to go on a short, relaxing vacation. Since my sisters and I had never been there, my mom decided that going to Palm Springs would be fun. I had heard about it before and knew that it was very sunny and in the heart of the city, it was crowded with a lot of people. My mom had found a hotel that seemed to be very nice and located in a great spot of Palm Springs. After being excited  for weeks to go on a quick get-away with my favorite people in the world, the day to go finally came. Prior to the two and a half hour drive, my sisters and I looked at the pictures of the hotel on the website and all agreed that it was  a beautiful place. When we finally arrived in Palm Springs and were very close to our destination, my family started to become more and more excited. After pulling into the parking lot of our hotel, our excitement turned to disappointment. To all of our disbeliefs, the hotel was a dump! The outside of the building was old and the inside of the hotel was dusty and dirty. After seeing our room, my mom made the wise decision of asking to leave. Although this was a disappointing moment, my family didn’t let it get us down! We hunted for a hotel for about two hours and finally stumbled across a beautiful and luxurious resort. After checking in and settling into our very nice rooms, my family and I had the best time in Palm Springs!